Welcome to Boughton Health Centre
For the latest information regarding Novel Coronavirus - please click on the NEWS tab at the top of the page.
All appointments will be triaged by telephone first, please call from 8am every weekday to book.
GPs and Nurses will arrange face-to-face appointments with patients as required.
As a GP Practice, we are often your first point of contact when you feel unwell or need medical advice. You will be aware of the current Coronavirus pandemic and may have some questions regarding your ability to access Boughton Health Centre. We are remaining open, with the following updates below. Please note that changes will be likely as we receive new guidance.
- ANYONE who has a new continuous cough OR fever (37.8 +) OR loss of / change in smell or taste must self-isolate at home for 7 days, or longer if your symptoms continue, other than cough or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- If anyone in your household displays these symptoms, they must self isolate for 14 days.
If you have serious symptoms that you cannot manage at home, please use NHS 111 online at 111.nhs.uk/covid-19 (Only call NHS 111 if you cannot get online).
After 7 days of self-isolation, if you feel better and no longer have a high temperature you can return to your normal routine. If you have not had any signs of improvement after 7 days and have not already sought medical advice, you should use NHS 111 online before you leave your home or let visitors in.
Cough may persist for several weeks in some people, despite the coronavirus infection having cleared. A persistent cough alone does not mean that you must continue to stay at home for more than 7 days.
- Following NHS England guidelines we are implementing triage first and offering telephone consultations with a GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
- Online appointment bookings with a GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner will be for telephone consultations only.
- If you are not registered with GP online services we advise you to register with the NHS App, which is easy to set up and doesn’t require you to come into the practice to activate it.
- Patients who ring the practice will be appropriately sign-posted.
- Some Practice Nurse, Phlebotomy (blood appointments) and Health Care Assistant appointments will continue without prior telephone consultation at present.
All Long Term Condition appointments will now be via a telephone consultation and specialist nurses will contact patients directly to advise further.
Pill check appointments will also be conducted via telephone consultation, however patients still need to complete the questionnaire.
All routine Nurse appointments listed below are now cancelled.
- Health checks, well woman, etc.
- LTC blood appointments with HCA’s.
We will still be carrying out
- B12 Injections
- Other regular injections (Nebido, Zoladex, Prostap, Tinzaparin, Vitamin D, Depo-provera )
- Blood monitoring (INR, Methotrexate and other DMARD’s, Lithium)
- Essential vaccinations (MMR catch up, Whooping cough for pregnant women, Coeliac, pneumonia, shingles, flu).
- ECG’s (requested by GP or clinician)
- Childhood Immunisations
We hope this advice is useful to you, please follow and monitor our website/Facebook page for updates.
Thank you for your co-operation during this challenging period.
Welcome along to our surgery website where we hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services. Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
“Providing holistic care within a kind and caring environment”
We endeavour to deliver care in an efficient but empathic manner, maintaining the core principles and relationships of traditional general practice, whilst ensuring we engage with innovative and modern approaches to healthcare. Patients are at the heart of everything we do and we encourage patient empowerment and involvement in their own health.
Our Core Values
Patients – Putting patients at the heart of everything we do and providing them with the tools and empowerment to manage their own health.
Quality – We provide high quality person-centred, safe and holistic care using evidence based practice.
Ethical – Operating within the ethical framework through openness and transparency.
Staff – We value every member of the practice team and demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
(Site updated 29/05/2020)